World Courier designs world-class logistics and supply chain programs in complete alignment with customers’ business goals. With 2,000+ associates across 50+ countries in 140+ company-owned offices, World Courier delivers ultimate peace of mind for the transport and storage of time- and temperature-sensitive products. For more than 45 years, only World Courier has delivered the unsurpassed knowledge, global reach and flawless supply chain execution needed to become the most trusted specialty logistics company in the world.
AmerisourceBergen (ABC) is one of the largest global pharmaceutical sourcing and distribution services companies, helping both healthcare providers and pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturers improve patient access to products and enhance patient care. With services ranging from drug distribution and niche premium logistics to reimbursement and pharmaceutical consulting services, AmerisourceBergen delivers innovative programs and solutions across the pharmaceutical supply channel in human medicine and animal health. With over $136 billion in annual revenue, AmerisourceBergen is headquartered in Valley Forge, PA, and employs approximately 17,000 people. AmerisourceBergen is ranked #12 on the Fortune 500 list.
Job Description and Requirements
An opportunity has become available for a Driver to join the Operations Team based at the Feltham office near Heathrow. The driving activities will be mainly over short distances; however you may be required to undertake some long distance driving which may require an overnight stops.
The role involves the use of light goods vehicles to transport time critical, and often temperature controlled goods, carefully, safely and in a timely manner, in compliance with the company’s operating procedures.
As well as driving the goods to and from the required locations, duties include:
- Completing appropriate daily and weekly maintenance checks of your allocated vehicle and reporting any maintenance requirements.
- Loading and unloading and ensuring that this is done safely and correctly.
- Checking documentation is correct and retaining it with the consignment or processing it as appropriate
- Communicating effectively with internal and external customers.
The successful applicant will have:
- A full UK driving licence
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience of maintaining accurate documentation
- A flexible attitude to work
- Previous experience with temperature control deliveries.
You will be required to work, 50 hour week over 5 days: Monday to Friday 05.00 – 22.00, on a rotating shift pattern.
If you feel that you possess the relevant attributes and experience to join our dynamic team please contact us enclosing a copy of your up to date CV.
This job was originally posted as
1 month ago