EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK’s largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.
Location: Dorenell Wind Farm (MORAY AB55 4DT)
Closing date: 28th December 2018
EDF Renewables UK (“EDFR”) is a 49/51 joint venture between EDF Energy and EDFRenewables Group. Our role is to deliver our Shareholders’ renewable energy objectives in the UK.
We currently operate more than 700MW (over 30 onshore wind farms, 2 offshore windfarms and a battery storage unit) and have a significant portfolio of consented onshore wind farm projects as well as seeking opportunities to continue to develop our portfolio.
We are recruiting for a Wild Life Ranger to work at our newest onshore site, Dorenell Wind Farm & Visitor Centre, located near Dufftown, Moray on the prestigious Glenfiddich estate. The successful candidate will work alongside a Warden, who will also be dedicated to the site. Both the Warden and the Wild Life Ranger will operate from the visitor centre being constructed within the Cabrach estate area adjacent to the wind farm.
Nature and Scope
As the Wild Life Ranger your primary responsibility will be to ensure that the Habitat Management Plan (HMP) is implemented in full throughout the operational period of the wind farm. This is required to be delivered to the satisfaction of the Moray Council Planning Authority and in consultation with Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH). The HMP sets out the proposed habitat management of the wind farm site and nature conservation management objectives throughout operational phase of the wind farm including monitoring and reporting of target (priority) habitats including blanket bog and Black Grouse and Golden Eagle habitats on site, monitoring wildlife in and around the wind farm, including deer and golden eagles and reporting on the findings of any survey works completed.
You will also be required to manage relationships with the Estate and local landowners and their representatives, representatives of the planning authority and SNH and other stakeholders as well as members of the local community. The successful candidate will have a full understanding of the agreed obligations and commitments of the HMP and the competency to manage the successful delivery throughout the operational phase of the wind farm. The successful candidate will also have a natural flair for brokering and maintaining good relationships and also resilient in dealing with people. You will be a trusted representative of the EDF Renewables brand and will be relied upon to act in the best interest of the organisation’s reputation at all times.
To help reduce work related travel and achieving a good work life balance it is advantageous that the post holder will ideally reside within a 15 mile radius of the visitor centre. However, we are willing to consider alternative proposals.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Leading and ensuring that all obligations and commitments of the HMP are delivered in full to the satisfaction of the Planning Authority, SNH and EDF Renewables Asset Management.
- Liaison with key stakeholders (Scottish National Heritage, RSPB, Moray Council, Forestry Commission Scotland etc.), regarding the implementation of the HMP; including the setting up and managing of the annual working group.
- Liaison and agreement with the Glenfiddich and Cabrach Estates of all matters of interaction regarding the Habitat Management Plan (HMP); including access, agreeing and assessing maintenance proposals, ensuring their obligations are fulfilled in accordance with the HMP and managing additional habitat management agreements as contracted between EDF Renewables and the Estate.
- Liaison and supervision of the Golden Eagle tagging and tracking project with Scottish National Heritage and other relevant bodies.
- Preparation and collation of annual monitoring reports to demonstrate compliance with the HMP.
- Co-ordination and presentation of wildlife and HMP related matters including talks, guided walks for visitors to the Glenfiddich Estate and the wider local community.
- Managing and carrying out of any ongoing monitoring survey and assessments required under the HMP and where necessary leading consultant contracts where specialist training cannot be developed with the Wild Life Ranger.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Clean Full UK Driving Licence
- Appropriate wild life or ecology qualifications and experience
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Confident to manage challenging situations
- Comfortable working with the public, authorities and regulatory bodies
- Strong IT literacy (Including all basic Microsoft packages)
- Experience of remote team working
EDF Renewables UK (“EDFR”) is a 49/51 joint venture between EDF Energy and EDF Renewables Group. Our role is to deliver our Shareholders’ renewable energy objectives in the UK.
Posted 1 day ago