Our client, one of the world’s most prestigious luxury OEM’s, is looking to recruit a contract Mechanical Design Engineer for Special Vehicle Projects.
The purpose of the role is the realisation of component design & package on all areas in order to pro-duce finished detailed CAD designs and drawings.
• CAD design and modelling of components
• Preparation of detailed drawings to company drafting standards
• Some preparation of engineering release packs
• Work under the direction of project engineer or PMST leader on a day to day basis
• Investigation of build issues in prototype and on line to establish root cause and design changes re-quired.
• Design of components using NX5.
• Use Digibuck to review and present design concepts
• The successful candidate will be able take the CAD design from concept to finished CAD model and produce finished drawings for engineering release. Some preparation of basic paperwork for engineer-ing release may also be required.
Qualifications & Experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering related discipline.
• Skilled in automotive component design using I-DEAS or NX5. Knowledge of TCe and CATIA V5 is beneficial.
• Knowledge of various areas: metal castings, extrusions, pressings/forming, RTM, SMC & C/F panels.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• A working knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times
- £32 - £34/hour GBP 32.00 34.00 HOUR £32 - £34/hour
- 2 days ago