£22,000 per annum + overtime
We are a highly successful, established Courier company based in Watford and are seeking to recruit a high calibre driver. The successful applicant will have a strong work ethic to enable us to maintain high levels of customer service.You will need to have achieved a good level of driving ability and have some experience, preferably in the courier and delivery sector. You will ideally have experience driving both vans and 7.5T Trucks and must therefore have an appropriate driving licence. For insurance purposes, applicants should be over 25.
Applicants must also be presentable, polite and be physically fit and possess a good temperament. You will need to be well-motivated. We want applicants that want to work overtime and earn as much money as you can. You may on occasions undertake work directly from your own home and so will need parking availability for a company vehicle.
Hours of Work
8am – 6pm weekdays, plus some overtime during evenings and weekends
£22,000 / year; plus expected typical overtime earnings £3,000+ per year; 28 days paid holiday including Bank Holidays. Rates of overtime vary depending on the time of day or night and the vehicle type.
- Primarily driving a LWB Vehicle (which will be assigned specifically to the recruit) and undertaking urgent courier deliveries for a variety of business customers
- A secondary role of driving a 7.5T Truck on courier deliveries (estimated at approximately 20% of the time or less)
- Loading and unloading the delivery vehicle(s) including taking consignments up stairs to offices on upper floors, and securing loads properly for safe transport
- Maintaining a line of frequent communications with the office
- Undertaking some ‘out of hours’ courier work, and a shared voluntary stand-by rota to meet customer demand
- Completion of routine delivery paperwork
- Maintaining the courier vehicle in a clean and presentable condition
- Driving skills - with some 7.5T Truck driving experience.
- A valid driving licence without serious driving offences
- Driver CPC qualification (ideally)
- Accident-free history, or at least without significant and recent ‘at fault’ accidents
- Communication skills to allow effective communication with the office and customers
- Knowledge of the Watford area and the main roads into and around London
- Knowledge of the major UK motorway routes and a good sense of direction and UK geography
- Self discipline – the applicant will often need to be trusted to work effectively alone
- Reliability and Maturity – the couriers are entrusted with valuable and important work which is time-sensitive
- Ability to work under pressure – most deliveries have deadlines and are generally considered urgent
Courier or delivery work
Roles involving manual handling
Roles requiring direct customer contact
The applicant will need to live within a 10 mile radius of Watford
Our business is expanding with plans for further growth.A successful and capable applicant will be able to earn plenty of overtime and enjoy the opportunities of working in a growing business.
This job was originally posted as
1 month ago