Job Title: Commercial Waste Service Business Development Manager
Location: Harrow, HA1 2XY
Employer: Pertemps Recruitment for Harrow Council
Contract Type: TEMP / Full time
An exciting opportunity within Harrow Council for a self-driven and motivated Commercial Waste Service Business Development Manager to join their Commissioning and Commercial Service.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed individual to join us as a Commercial Waste Service Business Development Manager.
In return we pay a competitive rate of £23.80 per hour other benefits include excellent training and support for career development and 21 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays).
The successful applicant will be responsible for the development, implementation and promotion of all commercial waste service initiatives. They will also be responsible for researching and identifying commercial waste initiatives and leading the service development elements of commercial waste business cases and options appraisals.
The role will work closely with the Head of Environment Operations as part of the Environment Operations management team, ensuring co-ordinated use of vehicles, drivers and other resources.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
- Extensive knowledge of the legislation with regards to commercial waste collection and disposal arrangements
- Understanding of the political context and environment of Local Government
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety legislation in relation to this post
- Experience of managing a commercial waste service and experience of working on the development of commercial waste initiatives
- Experience of negotiating contracts in a commercial environment and experience of managing budgets
- Have or be able to gain a CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to take the initiative in solving work related problems.
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
Please apply here Click here to view more jobs with Pertemps
Job has now expired