We are currently recruiting for a Civil Engineer on behalf of a leading Civil Engineering Consultancy based in West Yorkshire. Established over 30 years ago this year, the company has built up an enviable reputation for delivering design solutions for projects throughout the Uk across multiple sectors including Commercial, Residential and Leisure projects.
The role will involve providing technical expertise in all aspects of civil engineering on construction projects and ensuring that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both the clients and company expectations.
* Produce designs and calculations for clients and the CAD team
* Assist in the development of graduates, trainees and school leavers.
* Contribute to the achievements of the team and Company objectives
* Undertake feasibility, concept and detailed civil engineering design and checking.
* Undertake inspection of civil engineering installations
* Preparation of bids for tenders, and reports to clients, public agents and planning bodies
* Provide an efficient and business-like point of contact.
* Deliver a consistent and professional level of customer service at all time to Clients and other practises within the industry
* Continually deliver on agreed timescales, ensuring that clients are informed of slippage and re-negotiate timescales if required
* Create engineering drawings using CAD packages and sketches for drafting
* Obtaining building regulation approvals
* Assessing the environmental impact and risks connected to design decisions
* Assessing the Health and Safety impact and risks connected to design decisions
* Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
* Production of drainage models, drawings and schedules Civils 3D
Skills & Attributes
* Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subjects
* Experience in drainage design
* Fluent in the use AutoCAD and Civils 3D
* Experience with MS Office software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
* Micro Drainage
* Key Terra Firma software experience is desirable.
* Excellent Listening and Communication Skills
* Personable and the ability to interact with all members of the team
Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency
Job has now expired