Job Title: Chartered Bridge Engineer
Salary: £50K - £53K + Excellent Benefits
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Chartered Bridge Engineer. Our Bridge team forms part of the Civil Engineering Design Consultancy which carries out bridge assessments, feasibility work, detailed designs and supervises a wide range of highway, bridge and general civil engineering projects. As well as bridge design the bridges team also carries out bridge inspections, maintenance works and manages a highways structures stock.
1. A Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council
2. Practical experience in the design, implementation and/or supervision in both, bridges and highway structures engineering design and construction.
3. A Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE) or other related profession accredited by the Engineering Council.
4. A working knowledge of bridges and highway structures design codes (including Eurocodes), conditions of contract, specifications and methods of measurement.
5. To demonstrate experience of leading projects and a team of engineering combined with liaising with Clients, Stakeholders, and the public on projects and matters arising from the design management of bridges or civil engineering projects.
6. To undertake the technical aspects required of projects including Bridge Assessments, feasibility, concept design, detailed design, invitation of tenders and supervision of construction.
7. The ability to set and work to personal deadlines and targets to meet the requirements of programmes of work, to meet clients' needs and to respond to targets set by others.
8. To demonstrate good communication skills, both orally and in writing, both at a general and technical level.
9. Skills to use computers and computer aided design packages for preparation of plans, communications and presentations.
10. Knowledge of relevant structures and civil engineering statutory procedures with particular reference to Health and Safety.
11. A full UK driving licence is required for this role
What do you do now?
If you would like to discuss this vacancy in confidence, then please contact David So on (Apply online only) or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn