* Are you a qualified Lecturer, Teacher or Tutor with a background in catering or food technology (brick or woodwork)?
* Can you commit to 1 day a week (Tuesday?
* Would you like access to a modern classroom with outstanding facilities?
The Educate Group would particularly like to hear from qualified Lecturers, Teachers and Tutors with a background in catering or food technology. You will be responsible for providing a stimulating curriculum, in an encouraging and supportive environment to pupils from various backgrounds. You will be responsible for providing pupils with opportunities to research, design, plan, make and evaluate their work in an inclusive environment where you will be required to plan, deliver and assess using a suite of ASDAN and BTEC qualifications
Who are the Educate Group?
The Educate Group is 'Run by Teachers for Teachers' . We're passionate in what we do and this is reflected in the genuine, independent advice and guidance we share through a combined 50 years actual teaching, youth work and senior leadership experience .
We appreciate our teams' on-going and ever-changing needs and requirements, which form part of our commitment to finding you a role that works for you!
You will join a company who appreciate the time and dedication needed to develop and nurture their staff . You will immediately notice how we work differently and this is reflected in how you're treated and made to feel welcome.
What will I be expected to do?
* Design innovative lessons and schemes of work in line with subject specifications
Outline clear targets, building on prior attainment
* Lead by example and have high expectations in terms of attainment, progress and welfare
* Inspire and motivate pupils to engage in their own learning and achievement
* Promote and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own actions and behaviour
* Accurately mark and record achievement/progress (as directed)
If you are considering a career in teaching, this is an excellent opportunity to gain real-life, practical classroom experience; enhancing your chances of securing a PGCE place with Educate Teacher Training or another provider.
What skills, qualifications and experience do I need for this role?
* Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or FE equivalent (mandatory)
* Trade experience in animal care, construction, catering and hospitality, sport etc.
* Clear and Enhanced DBS on the Update Service (mandatory)
* Registration with the Educational Workforce Council (EWC) - (mandatory)
* Trade experience in food technology or catering
* Recent experience and excellent teaching in a classroom setting
* We welcome interest from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs)
What will the Educate Group provide me with?
* Mentoring and support from our own team of dedicated Teachers and Senior Leaders
* Free specialist training from our own experienced team of staff
* 24 hours on-call helpline
* Minimum of £121.64 per day for all our NQT's
* A choice of day to day, short/long-term and permanent opportunities
* Free social events as a way of saying 'Thank You'
* All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or be eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
* The Educate Group are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its schools.
* As a matter of courtesy, the Educate Group aim to respond to all applications within 3 - 7 working days.
* Higher rate is achievable for candidates with a proven track record of high attainment within the required subject area.
* All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
We would love you to become part of the 'Educate Team' where you will be afforded all the time, training, mentoring and opportunities to develop your career as an Alternative Provision Tutor.
If you are interested in knowing more about the Educate Group and the opportunities that exist, feel free to contact one of our Teachers on ##### ######.
Advertised through Zoek b1d58ca4e39d43a1b7b2a055cb4d5af79
Posted 2 days ago