BUYER (Mens Formalwear) - LEEDS
Main Purpose of Job:
As a Buyer you will play a vital role within our Buying teams. You will source a commercial range of products, achieving target turnover / margins within the agreed price architecture. Managing your team and your ranges to always be ahead of the game.
* To plan, design, source and select a commercial range of products within a structured supplier base, meeting the company’s objectives. To present these ranges for sign off by the senior management.
* To manage the development process within an agreed critical path, ensuring that sign off and deliveries are to schedule.
* To achieve the best garment fit / product by working closely with QA and design where applicable.
* To manage your team, their workload, development and morale.
* To manage your department sampling and travel budget.
* To negotiate with suppliers and maintain good working relationships in order to achieve the right product from the best source in terms of price, quality and delivery.
* Ensure that suppliers and internal departments have all the information required to maintain delivery dates, and all specifications are issued in line with the critical path.
* Ensure all costings on the system are checked and are correct.
* Full understanding of customer needs to maximise profits and provide a commercially viable range of merchandise at competitive prices.
* To increase turnover and profit by remaining competitive and innovative in line with competitors.
* To source / develop new suppliers to service the brand portfolio, in line with the terms and conditions.
* Regularly review performance indicators such as sales, offers, quality and suppliers.
* Working with the merchandisers to manage in season sales from delivery through to mark down.
* To analyse performance and consumer buying patterns to predict future trends, forward plan and innovate where possible.
* To manage all web photography, styling and descriptions for your ranges, ensuring product is photographed on time to launch on the web when stock arrives in the warehouse.
* Ensure that we achieve the best possible in store presentation through relevant packaging development and contribution to the visual merchandising brief.
* To manage your team effectively, so that the Department runs efficiently and morale is maintained.
* Working closely with Retail / Wholesale to monitor market trends and customer feedback.
* Attending seasonal trade fairs - in the UK and overseas where required.
* Undertake research, store and market reports for the business where required.
* Training and mentoring junior members of the team and encouraging growth
* GCSE level C in Maths & English
* Ideally to have a buying, fashion or textiles degree
* At least 5 years experience working in a buying office within Mens Formalwear
Job has now expired