Based in Cardiff, our client is a major retailer and are looking for an experienced Business Systems Analyst.
The Business Systems Analyst's role is to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes.
Responsibilities / Objectives:
1. Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
2. To document existing and new systems showing details of processes, decision points, information and data flow and any connections to other systems including data entry or exit points.
3. To provide coherent information to decision makers in the business regarding the viability and practicability of potential business systems.
4. To investigate potential solutions for identified business issues taking costs and business benefits into account.
5. To negotiate and control costs for business solutions with external suppliers giving the best possible cost benefits to the business.
6. To manage and control the implementation of business systems utilising internal and external resources.
7. To provide support to the business in relevant areas. This will include training users, allocating resource, resolving problems, installing and maintaining equipment.
8. To produce functional and technical specifications for 3rd parties.
9. Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
10. Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
11. Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
12. Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating systems across the organization.
13. Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
14. Create system design proposals.
15. Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
16. Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
17. Create systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
18. Identify and establish scope and parameters of systems analysis in order to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions.
19. Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
20. Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
21. Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
Job has now expired