Business Development Manager
Our client is an ambitious and expanding video production company who’s looking for an energetic Sales Professional with buckets of drive, a tonne of ambition and a ceaseless zest for working with people.
It’s all about building relationships and turning those into projects.
How will you do that? They use a multi-faceted sales approach that’s built around a sales system that includes prospecting (cold) calls, business networking, face to face meetings and targeted social media activity. They are looking for someone who’s:
- People focused: Building relationships with agencies, media buyers, Marketing Managers and MDs
- Excited at the prospect of being a lynchpin of their team - the right candidate would be the central pillar of their business goals.
- Process Orientated: They’re all about following the right activities & behaviour. For that, they’re after someone who’s focused on daily action planning, time management and working within a process.
- Target and Goal Oriented: They have an uncapped bonus scheme. Want to earn a tonne of money? They want to help with that.
- Positive Outlook: Sales can be hard, so they need someone who’s mentally tough, with a healthy supply of optimism.
- Practical and Innovative: a mover and a shaker, who’s well suited to looking at a client’s problem and find solutions to help fix that.
- A willingness to travel: They’re based in Cheshire, and much of the job is focused around Manchester, but they want someone who’s willing to travel to different parts of the country when required.
- Willing to Learn: excited about personal development and working in an inspiring environment? Us too.
The role would be primarily based from their Cheshire offices, but can involve some flexible working to suit the job - whether that’s from home, on the road, or at basecamp.
Skills & experience:
While this role would suit someone who’s had some previous experience in sales, some key skills that we’re looking for would be:
- Sales & Marketing experience.
- Experience in a creative Industry - while this isn’t essential, knowing how to hit play on a YouTube video is a benefit.
- Captivating phone manner and recent experience in a client facing role.
- Good IT Literacy - you don’t have to fix our office computers, but knowing stuff like Microsoft Office, Google Suite and Social Media is pretty important.
- Solid Organisational skills: Diary management, use of a CRM and time management system.
- Working in a Creative/Marketing agency similar role: 2 years (Preferred)
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driving License (Required)
- Must have own transport and be willing to travel within the UK when necessary.
- Must be willing to attend training courses for professional development. They’re all about making sure they all continually develop themselves and their skills.
- Must be happy to work within a small and growing business that has high ambitions.
About the company
Our client is a video production company that’s been going for seven years now. Primarily they work in commercial video production, producing web content for businesses - though recently they have begun to move into TV Advertising.
Our client is rewarding to work with - incorporating their staff’s personal goals into the business goals to make sure they all get to where they want to be, and they are all about consistently doing the right things in a consistent way.
How to Apply
If this role is of interest to you and you would like to learn more please click on the link provided.
This job was originally posted as
Posted 17 hours ago