Salary: £25.79- £33.02 per hour DOE
Sessional, Variable Hour
Our Kingston University International Study Centre is looking for a Business and Economics Tutor to join our team. Teaching across our Foundation, Year One Undergraduate and Pre-Masters programmes you will provide innovative, engaging, and student centred lessons to our small classes, that average around 10-15 students.
You'll have the opportunity to contribute to the design, delivery, and development of units and teaching sessions, as well as prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars, and tutorials. If you are enthusiastic about Business and Economics, and with a passion for teaching international students, then this is a unique opportunity that shouldn't be missed.
Our Kingston University ISC is a high achieving, fast-paced, and forward-thinking centre that is experiencing some very exciting growth. Based in the centre of the beautiful Kingston University campus, the centre offers excellent modern facilities and is only a short commute from London.
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules offered by Kingston University International Study Centre.
- Prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars and tutorial sessions, with variable hours up to 25 hours per week.
- Write and prepare unit examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment.
- Mark students' formative and summative assessment submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials.
- Develop and update course material for units and teaching sessions, including unit material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- Work with the Centre's administration team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Notify and liaise with colleagues where necessary to ensure all students receive appropriate on-going welfare and progression support.
- Track student academic journey and identify and implement appropriate intervention strategies to support on-going learning.
- Act as a Personal Tutor for one or more groups of students.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related subject area and a minimum of a Master's degree.
- Relevant Teaching qualification.
- Experience of teaching in the UK Higher or Further education sector and preferably experience of working with international students.
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Posted 3 days ago