We are looking to recruit an Assistant Psychologist to join our team at Cygnet Hospital Colchester. This will be a full time role, with working hours of Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00.
Cygnet Hospital Colchester is being configured to comprise of three units, to meet the needs of males with Mental Health difficulties, males with Learning Disabilities, and females with a diagnosis of Personality Disorder.
This advertised role is to work in the male services for Learning Disabilities. This service currently comprises of a 10 bedded unit for men with a learning disability who may have additional mental health needs, and may also present with challenging behaviours.
There is also a 4 bedded unit for men with a diagnosis of ASD who typically present with complex needs and severe challenging behaviour. Patients are supported through multi-disciplinary therapeutic input.
The post will be supported by a Clinical Psychologist. You will be working in an established Psychology service in the hospital, and within a wider multi-disciplinary clinical team.
In this role you will be expected to:
Work on an inpatient unit for males with a Learning Disability, ASD and challenging behaviour.
Support patients along their treatment pathway and transition through contribution to assessments and evidence based interventions.
Work closely with other professions including Psychiatry, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, and Support Workers
Work with innovation and independence, while closely supported and supervised by a Clinical Psychologist.
Support qualified Psychologists in their day-to-day tasks. Duties will range from helping them to deliver clinical services – such as psychological assessments and interventions - to governance, data collection and analysis, administrative activities, and assisting with aspects of report writing and project development.
We're looking for people who have:
• A good level degree in Psychology (BA or BSc)
• Eligibility for British Psychological Society (BPS) Graduate Membership
• Some experience within the healthcare sector
• A passion for learning and working as part of a multidisciplinary rehabilitation mental health team
• Excellent communication skills
The following would be desirable
• Experience of working with people with Learning Disabilities
• Previous experience in a paid/voluntary Assistant Psychologist role
In return we will offer you:
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support
• Company pension scheme
• CPD Opportunities
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities to suite your career pathway
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Are you looking for a new and rewarding challenge?
Click the link to apply.
This job was originally posted as
1 month ago