The role is working for a lighting supplier to the UK Electrical Wholesale market who is looking for an ambitious and target-driven Area Sales Manager to develop their Northern territory.
My client is a manufacturer professional lighting solutions, who operate throughout the UK and in key export markets.
They have ambitious plans for expansion and are looking to develop their customer base further for this exciting and growing division.
The key responsibilities for the area sales manager are:
- To achieve maximum sales profitability and growth of the wholesale customers whilst increasing account penetration within the specified territory.
- To deploy strong key account management skills to develop the customer base, roll out new initiatives.
- Building customer relationships to maximise the full potential of all accounts within the specified territory.
- Demonstrating products and carrying out training as required.
- Co-ordinating the sales effort with the internal sales team and supporting other departments as required.
- Handling any customer or product issues that may occur.
- Attending exhibitions and trade shows as required.
This is a fantastic and challenging opportunity for someone who has existing relationships with electrical wholesale businesses in the North of England (e.g. City Electrical Factors, Edmundson Electrical, Rexel and independent electrical wholesalers).
The Area Sales Manager must be enthusiastic, confident and self-motivated and must possess the ability to quickly contribute to the culture and way of working. Additionally, they must have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable success in a similar role
- Highly organised and capable of managing a territory of customers.
- Experience in the successful selling to electrical wholesalers / lighting retailers an advantage but not essential
- Excellent written and spoken English - articulate, accurate and an eye for detail
- Analytical with the ability to evaluate and refine a strategy based on outcomes
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
The successful will receive:
Salary depending on experience
Car/ Company car
Job has now expired