Are you a driven sales professional with experience in promoting design led interior products to Architects, Interior Designers, Fit Out Companies and End Users? Are you also familiar with project tracking and managing a network of Specialist sub-contractors, installers and Distributors?
If so, we are working with a leading manufacturer of COMPLETE FLOORING SOLUTIONS who are seeking to recruit an experienced Commercial Area Sales Manager to join their team with responsibility for promoting their full portfolio of products in the following postcodes: BN, RH, CR, SM, TN, BR, DA, ME, CT with a specific emphasis on the Architectural & Design fraternity, fit out community and end user clients within the office sector.
Reporting directly to the Regional Sales Manager and forming part of a newly created team, this role is multifunctional and will involve dealing with all customer groups; flooring contractors, architects and designers, end users, fit out companies and distributors.
You will be working as part of a team to develop a sales and market share in the commercial segment. Principally responsible for the development of projects, relationships and sales in the commercial segment of the business
* Developing the volume of multi-material specifications and day to day business of commercial products.
* Managing all customer relationships.
* Maintaining an accurate CRM system.
* To contribute towards meeting regional and national sales target.
* To reach individual KPI’s and targets set by the company.
* Develop sales and relationships with, architects, interior designers, end users, fit out companies, shop fitters, flooring contractors, main contractors, installers and distributors.
* Focus on sales and specification building in Health, Education, Workplace as well as Shops and Stores, Hospitality and Housing segments.
* Increasing sales of the following products, Carpet, Engineered Wood, Vinyl, Linoleum, Luxury Vinyl Tiles, Laminate
* Follow up and self-generate sales leads.
* Develop and share market intelligence relevant to targeted customer base.
* Maintain sufficient sampling stock at home to cover day to day requirements.
* Preserve accurate up to date sampling in targeted customer base.
* Effectively communicate with colleagues to ensure specifications gained are converted to orders
* Make company presentations to targeted audiences i.e. CPD’s.
* Be proficient in the technical and commercial aspects of all products and service offer.
* Be conversant with competitor products and their positioning against our client products and solutions
* Be proficient in the delivery of Life Cycle Cost analysis.
* Participate in exhibitions as directed by Manager.
* Meet KPI’s as issued by Manager.
* Ensure all administration is completed, e-diary is maintained, database is fully utilised, and journeys are planned effectively and efficiently.
* Ensure all customers, projects and price quotations are entered on to CRM
* Assist in the speedy resolution of customer disputes and product complaints.
* Experience in sales.
* High level of drive to achieve and succeed.
* A high level of confidence enabling a strong impact to be made on others.
* Ability to hold others attention and influence decisions.
* IT literate.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
Self motivated individual who can work well either on their own or in a team.
Candidates must have a background in DESIGN FLOORING (HARD & SOFT FLOORING) Including ACCESSORIES, OR from COMMERCIAL INTERIORS – LIGHTING, TEXTILES, FABRICS, WALLCOVERINGS, FURNITURE or closely aligned products will be considered
Ability to manage own area; introduce tailored customer solutions to drive sales forward.
New business focused with the ability to grow, nurture and develop long established key accounts
Proven track record and a proactive approach to Solution Selling and having strong existing relationships with Key Designers and Specifiers in London
Competent IT skills are required – MS Office, Word, Outlook etc
Excellent communication skills with a friendly approach to problem solving
Ability to work under pressure with an excellent attention to detail
Sound commercial acumen and an ability to communicate with colleagues and customers to assist the closing of sales opportunities.
A high degree of professionalism and an exceptional understanding of the specification design process with the ability to communicate at each of these levels where necessary.
Ability to prioritise work according to demand and work alongside colleagues internally and externally to deliver customer service excellence.
SALARY NEGOTIABLE (D.O.E) + STRONG BONUS SCHEME (25% OF SALARY) + HYBRID COMPANY CAR (LOW TAX) + PENSION + HEALTHCARE + HOLIDAY + MOBILE/LAPTOP ETC
LOCATION: SUSSEX, KENT, SURREY – POSTCODES: BN, RH, CR, SM, TN, BR, DA, ME, CT
Posted 1 week ago