Vitality, Senior Actuarial Analyst, Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
We’re a positively different, fast-growing insurance and financial services provider that rewards its 1,000,000+ members for healthy habits. We aim to be the best Private Medical insurer in the UK, offering the best service in the industry. This means we need the best people, ready to live our vibrant brand and make a difference to the business every day.
As our Senior Actuarial Analyst, you’ll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
- A genuine long-term opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
- Our award winning private medical insurance
- A comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
As our Senior Actuarial Analyst you will support the regular production of the IFRS Reserves and Solvency II results for the VitalityHealth business. This role will also include, from time to time, the support of other ad hoc projects in the team related to Investments, Profit, Capital and Claims Optimisation.
Responsibilities as our Senior Actuarial Analyst include:
- Support the calculation of the key quarterly and annual SII measures for the Reporting Committee and Risk Committee. This would include the entire Pillar I and III process as well as supporting the ORSA
- Support the calculation of the key monthly reserves for the Reserving Committee and to provide insight on the business claims development to drive appropriate executive decision making on pricing and business profitability
- Consolidating and rationalising models across the departments including the development of the business plan model
- Support the development and monitoring of the business investment portfolio including the review of the current asset mix and scanning the market for investment opportunities
- Support ad hoc projects around the firm on Profit, Capital and Reinsurance Optimisation
Skills and Experience required of ourSenior Actuarial Analystinclude:
- 7+ Actuarial Exam passes
- Solid work experience in an Actuarial role within an Insurance company
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to deal with tight deadlines and strong analytical skills
- Advanced SQL (desirable)
- Advance Python or other coding experience (desirable)
Working for Vitality as a Senior Actuarial Analyst you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Friday 23rd November 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Senior Actuarial Analyst thenplease click 'apply’ today.
Job has now expired